- Address: 965/a, 3rd main, D block, 2nd stage,, Bangalore 560010, India
- Telephone Number: +919886062515
- Email: Send Email to Harita Sabhyataa
- Business: Rainwater Harvesting, Sewage treatment plants, Effluent treatment Plants
- Services: Construction, Consulting, Engineering
- Products: Sustainable Homes And Buildings
- Web Site: http://www.haritasabhyataa.com
- Rainwater harvesting is the gathering, or accumulating and storing, of rainwater. Rainwater harvesting has been used to provide drinking water, water for livestock, and water for irrigation or to refill aquifers in a process called groundwater recharge. Rainwater collected from the roofs of houses, tents and local institutions, or from specially prepared areas of ground, can make an important contribution to drinking water. In some cases, rainwater may be the only available, or economical, water source.
WHY RAIN WATER HARVESTING?
ü Surface water is inadequate to meet our demand and we have to depend on ground water.
ü Due to rapid urbanization, infiltration of rain water into the sub-soil has decreased drastically and recharging of ground water has diminished.
ü Ground Water is getting depleted and polluted.
ü Soil erosion resulting from unchecked runoff.
ü Spread of epidemic diseases due to consumption of polluted water.
ADVANTAGES OF RAINWATER HARVESTING:
ü Improvement in infiltration and reduction in run-off.
ü Improvement in groundwater levels and yields.
ü Reduces strain on Special Village Panchayats/ Municipal / Municipal Corporation water supply.
ü Improvement in groundwater quality.
ü Estimated quantity of additional recharge from 100 sq. m. roof top area is 55000 liters.
ü Reduces the runoff, which otherwise flood storm water drains and in turn floods roads and low lying areas.
ü Reduces Soil erosion.
ü Cost effective and easy to maintain.
ü Reduces Water and Electricity Bills.
In order to conserve water and ensure ground water recharge, the Karnataka government in February 2009 announced that buildings (commercial, residential, factories etc) constructed in the city will have to compulsorily adopt rain water harvesting facility. Plots, which exceed an area of 2400 sq ft (40 x 60 ft), shall create rain harvesting facility according to the new law.
We at Harita Sabhyataa, which is a relatively new company which is run by a young brigade, are determined for this noble cause. We have designed, planned and executed rain water harvesting works for about 18 individual houses. We have worked as a consultant for few apartment complexes. We have executed our first Industrial complex project at Bata India Ltd in peenya 2nd stage. We have successfully implemented RWH at Brigade Ratna apartments in Basavanagudi.
We request you to take personal interest in this noble cause which acts as a mutual benefit for the self and the society as well. We will be glad to serve you in case you require our services.
Team Harita Sabhyataa