Dovetail Solar and Wind
- Address: 16675 Canaanville Hills Road, Athens, Ohio 45701, USA
- Telephone Number: 740-592-1800
- Facsimile Number: 740-592-4095
- Email: Send Email to Dovetail Solar and Wind
- Business: Retailer
- Services: Design, Installation
- Products: Small Wind Energy Systems, Solar Photovoltaic Products, Solar Thermals
- Web Site: http://www.dovetailsolar.com
- Founded in 1995, Dovetail Solar and Wind is one of the oldest, largest and most experienced renewable energy firms in Ohio. We are one of the few that provide all three major technologies: solar electric, solar thermal and wind.
We have completed over 195 system installations across all regions of Ohio and surrounding states. That includes more than 2,200,000 watts (>2.2 Megawatts) of solar and wind systems. Our employees are experienced implementing net metering and off-grid systems, and interfacing with all the major utility companies.
Dovetail has five Ohio locations, and an office in southeast Michigan to support our clients. We are in the process of opening an office in the Pittsburgh area. We install in and service all of Ohio, southeast Michigan, northern Kentucky, eastern Indiana, western Pennsylvania, and the northern half of West Virginia.
Dovetail is customer focused and mission minded, not money driven. Honesty, integrity, and environmental stewardship are at the core of our values. We design your system to be clean, safe, low maintenance and durable. We utilize high quality components from suppliers that have both a proven track record of performance, and a commitment to support what they sell so that your system will work properly and reliably for many years.
We consciously buy most of our components from USA manufacturers - a number of whom are located in Ohio and Michigan. This embodies our sustainable business practices, lowers our (and your) carbon footprint, as well as, supports and grows green jobs in our region.
Dovetail is an Ohio licensed electrical contractor (License #31678
). We also have a licensed Ohio engineer on our design team who is able to produce Ohio stamped drawings for permitting. We ensure that all our systems meet or exceed NEC electrical code, safety codes, as well as, comply with all Federal, state and local building codes, requirements and regulations. In addition, we employ a full time safety manager focused on ensuring we and our subcontractors meet or exceed all OHSA regulations, and employ best practices for a safe and healthy work environment.Why Use Dovetail?
- High quality, USA made components
- Use latest technology
- 16 years experience and expertise designing and installing systems (>2 MW)
- Cost effective pricing
- Multiple NABCEP Certified Solar PV and Solar Thermal installers on staff
- Ohio licensed electrical contractor (License #31678)
- Ohio licensed engineer on staff to ensure code compliance and produce stamped drawings for permitting
- Comprehensive financial payback analysis provided with every proposal
- Clean, safe, low maintenance, durable systems
- Successful, sustainable, proven business model that demonstrates we know what we are doing, have been doing it for over 16 years, and that we will be here in the future should you need our service, support, or a system expansion